Switching from Android to iPhone or vice versa is getting easier. There are many applications that provide whole data migration. But unfortunately, until now only WhatsApp chat history can’t be moved.
The only data that can’t be moved but that’s very important. Not a few users fail to switch platforms because they will lose all chat history on WhatsApp. This is what makes Samsung cooperate with WhatsApp so that potential users can easily switch.
Indeed, out there are many third-party applications that claim to be able to move the data. But believe me, I myself have tried several of them and none of them worked. Some applications are even suspected of being scams because they require you to subscribe first.
WhatsApp chats on iOS are stored in iCloud, while on Android they are stored in Google Drive. Two closed ecosystems that seem impossible to put together without the blessing of Apple and Google. Then at Galaxy Unpacked 2021, suddenly Samsung came out with a precise strategy.
For iPhone users, regardless of the series, who want to switch to the Galaxy Flip, Fold, and S22 series, we can transfer their WhatsApp conversation data. But it should be noted that this cannot be done on all Samsung phones.
Before migrating make sure you have backed up all the data on your iPhone. Then make sure you install the latest Smart Switch application at least version 220.127.116.11 and WhatsApp iOS version 18.104.22.168 and on Android version 22.214.171.124.
Prepare a USB-C to Lightning cable, then the mobile number on the iPhone is transferred to Samsung. In this process, I used the Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G. Then start the following steps:
- Turn on your Galaxy S22 Ultra and directly connect with your iPhone via cable
- Open Samsung Smart Switch then follow the steps listed
- There will be a request to scan the QR code that appears on the Galaxy S22 Ultra. Scan using your iPhone
- Press the Start button, then wait for the process to finish
- Continue the process on the Galaxy S22 Ultra phone
- When it’s done, open WhatsApp on the Galaxy S22 Ultra and make sure the phone number has been moved
- Select Import when asked, then grant access to the phone to continue
- Activation complete. WhatsApp can be used with data from iPhone.
When all this process is complete, WhatsApp chat data is still stored on your old iPhone. You need to do a reset so that all data is completely erased.
Apart from the Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G, this process can also be done on the Google Pixel 6. More or less the steps are the same, only without the Smart Switch application.